Come be a part of the innovative team who puts designers first. Headquartered in Irvine, California, The House of Joshua is an artful design studio that creates compelling architectural products exclusively for interior designers. Join us in bringing unique, high performance luxury vinyl tile flooring to the masses.
Our success is based in large part by our passion for art, quality design, innovation, creativity, and the diversity in our workforce. We value your spirit to thrive, to grow within the company, to take charge and collaborate to overcome the day-to-day challenges that you will own. We are fiercely strong when we work together and we strive to make sure all our successes are shared.
NOTE: The House of Joshua is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
POSITION: Sales and Marketing Interns (Remote)
- Assist founder with building strong account executive team (outreach to potential sales rep. candidates/ conduct preliminary phone interviews)
- Assist in customer service
- Listen to and resolve customer and executives’ issues
- Recognize sales opportunity and apply sales skills to upgrade customers
- Explain and position products and process when interacting with customers and account executive team
- Ensure first call resolution through problems solving and effective call handling
- Sample assistance (organize, label, package and track samples)
- Special project assistance
- Build brand awareness.
- Collaborates with the team to create and execute promotions and other activities.
- Grow social media following – Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin etc
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Excellent attendance and punctuality
Be extremely detail‐orientated and efficient
Ability to lift 50 lbs
Possess superior written and verbal communication
Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
Comfortable making sales calls and answering customer’s phone call
Data Entry Skills
High school diploma or equivalent; College Students, Interns, and recent College Graduates are welcome
Respectful/ Resourceful/ Reliable/ Resilient
Must have the ability to learn product details and solve problems
Must be proficient with basic PC skills
Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Minimum 18 years of age
Proficiency in Google Drive (e.g., Google Docs, Sheets) and/or MS Office (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel)
Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Photoshop/ Illustrator (plus)
Language skills: English, Korean, Spanish or Chinese (plus)
Emma Bell (January 2021- April 2021) Q: What ultimately led you to accept an intern position at The House of Joshua? A: I wanted to get more experience, not only in the marketing field but the interiors and design field. The House of Joshua was a remote internship...
POSITION: Independent Commercial Sales Representative
This individual will be representing and selling our commercial flooring line, the Chevron Collection, to flooring contractors, commercial property management firms and architectural designers. Highly motivated, this person must be willing to work independently and be able to support our business needs in a timely and effective manner. This is strictly a commission-based contract position and will be paid based on confirmed sales. Three or more years of commercial flooring sales experience is required.
• HS Diploma/GED, Bachelor’s degree in Sales/Marketing, design, or general business is preferred
• 3+ years experience in a related sales background with focus on commercial flooring sales preferred
• Detailed knowledge of flooring marketplace and understands the competitive landscape for flooring industry
• Exceptional customer service and sales skills
• Ability to work independently and be a self-starter, as well as a work in a team environment
• Strong ability to effectively communicate with customers and speak design language comfortably
• Ability to multi-task, adapt quickly and create interim solutions whenever needed, all in a rapidly changing work environment
• Computer skills including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to travel
• Ability to physically and mentally perform essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation